Wyman Institute Update: May 4, 2003
- This is to update you on recent media appearances and lectures by Wyman Institute officials, Academic Council members, and Advisory Committee members.
- Institute director Dr. Rafael Medoff was interviewed on KGO-Radio’s “John Rothmann Show” (California) on May 4 and on the “Blanquita Cullum Show” on Radio America on February 26.
- Associate Director Benyamin Korn spoke on “The Day the Rabbis Marched on Washington” at the Yom Hashoah Commemoration at the Politz Hebrew Day School, in Cherry Hill, NJ, on April 29.
- David S. Wyman spoke on “The Abandonment of the Jews: America and the Holocaust” to a standing room-only audience at the Annual Holocaust Remembrance Commemoration of the Community Synagogue, in Port Washington, NY (Long Island) on April 27.
- Also on April 27, Academic Council member Prof. Paul Miller lectured on “Auschwitz, the Allies, and Responsibility” at the annual Yom Hashoah event sponsored by the Baltimore Jewish Council.
- Associate Director Dov Fischer, Esq., spoke on “Controversies in Using American Law to Enforce Jewish Interests: The Holocaust Litigation,” at The Orange Tree Resort in Scottsdale, AZ, on April 24.
- Advisory Committee member Dr. Ruth Gruber was interviewed on C-Span’s “Public Lives” program on April 19, concerning her new book, ‘Inside of Time: My Journey from Alaska to Israel’ (Carroll & Graf, 2003).
- Also please note that on May 17, Academic Council member Peter Rose will sign copies of his new book, ‘Guest Appearances and Other Travels in Time and Space’ (Swallow Press, 2003) at the Broadside Bookshop, Main Street, Northamption, MA. The book deals in part with the refugees from Nazism who lived with his family in the 1930s, his wife’s experience hiding in an Amsterdam cellar from the Nazis, and his research on American rescue hero Varian Fry.